Total Health Focus as Standard of Care in the 21st Century®
The Enhanced Oral Assessment
The dentistry of today is about more than just fixing teeth: it is about maintaining good health, preventing disease and saving lives.
The future of dentistry is incorporating a total health focus now for patient care, especially in our large aging population. Learn enhanced oral assessment through an improved health history approach, oral cancer detection, periodontal disease analysis through salivary diagnostics, and sleep disorder diagnosis and treatment. Focus the practice in these four areas to ensure up to date and outstanding patient care. Explore the newest research and approach for educating patients and incorporating important clinical protocols. Beyond awareness, create the “must have” written protocols so that total care is not hit or miss but consistently provided.
- Recognize where we are heading as a profession: tooth focused vs. total patient care
- Define total patient oral assessment focusing on four key areas
- Discover ‘how to’ to ensure that your health history forms are current and effective
- Explore enhanced oral cancer detection: going beyond the basic white light cancer screening examination
- Analyze enhanced salivary diagnostics: the oral systemic connection addressed through determining oral bacterial levels and DNA markers
- Discover the enhanced sleep disorder assessment: ‘sleep/systemic’ connection, frightening statistics, and the growing role of dentistry
- Identify the causative factors for dry mouth: age, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, medications, diet, allergic reaction
- Determine what makes up an effective written protocol for dry mouth, high caries risk, oral cancer and periodontal disease
Suggested Attendees: Dentist plus Entire Team
Suggested Formats: Full or Half Day; Lecture or Workshop