Enhanced Oral Cancer Detection
Oral cancer kills one person in the US every 60 minutes every day.
Malpractice claims related to oral cancer rank #2 behind periodontal disease.
A well communicated oral cancer screening exam enhances patient trust, raises case acceptance, and increases new patient referrals.
Health care experts and the ADA recommend that all adults beyond the age of 16-18 receive annual oral cancer screenings. Learn how to enhance your patients’ experience through an effectively performed and communicated oral cancer screening examination. Significantly enhance clinical effectiveness, patient care, and the financial bottom line of your practice.
Having presented in nearly every US state on this topic, Dr. Bregman delivers to-the-point, impactful education for: identifying the target population; basic screening examination process and critical record keeping skills; enhanced early detection tools and technologies; and effective patient discussions relating to results and referral protocols.
This interactive, high energy program brings the topic of early oral cancer detection and new technologies clearly into focus. As the front line, the dentist and team’s implementation of these critically important oral cancer detection protocols is an issue facing all dental practices.
Ensure that communication, protocols, and record keeping surrounding the oral cancer screening examination are the best that they can be in your office!
- Understand the core statistics and how oral cancer affects both young and old
- Identify the changing target population and establish clarity in performing, communicating, and recording the basic cancer screening exam
- Review the currently accepted protocol once an area of concern is identified
- Explore and understand the new technologies which enhance detection
- Learn four steps to comfortably and effectively deliver the message of a positive finding.
- Acquire communication skills for: informed consent, performing the examination, delivering the difficult message of a positive finding, and creating urgency for effective patient follow-through
- Suggested Attendees: Dentist plus Entire Team
- Suggested Formats: Full or Half Day; Lecture or Workshop